WHY WORK HERE?
“Industry leading pay/benefits, 6+ weeks PTO, work with a thriving business that has been in operation for over 60+ years!”
• Funland is a family owned and operated seasonal amusement park in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
• We offer amusement rides and attractions as well as a variety of midway style games for all ages.
• Our family & full time staff work alongside a seasonal staff of up to 150+ employees providing the best possible
experience for our customers each summer.
• Join a company that treats their employees like family instead of just being another employee.
• Responsible for ride and game attraction maintenance as well as general facilities maintenance.
• Work with a dedicated year-round maintenance team and assist in maintenance management.
• Ensure the highest standard of park and operational repair, maximizing ride and game uptime in season.
• Balance the maintenance needs for two distinct operating periods: in season (approx. 110 days), out of season (approx.
It is unlikely that any single candidate will possess all of the credentials and skills described below. We encourage you to
apply if you feel that you have some of these skill along with the desire to learn on the job and through continuing
• Minimum of 18 years old and possess a valid drivers license.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• BS/BA degree or trade school certification.
• Must be able to speak, write, hear and understand English.
• Previous experience leading and managing other employees.
• Highly organized self starter with the ability to work under minimal direction.
• 2-5 years of maintenance experience in the amusement industry or mechanical trade field.
• Trade school or comparable military training considers in lieu of experience.
• Willingness to complete a Level I Ride Inspector Certification within 1 year of employment.
• General understanding of pneumatics, electronics (frequency drives) and other equipment in support of mechanical
• Conduct daily safety inspections or amusement rides during the season.
• Manage/supervise maintenance team members in daily work tasks.
• Maintain, trouble shoot and repair amusement rides/games and park equipment in accordance with all applicable codes,
laws, rules, equipment manufacturer’s operating standards and requirements, company policies and best practices.
• Maintain accurate records for all maintenance and inspections performed.
• Engage in the installation or removal of machines, rides, tools and equipment within the park.
• Supervise and coordinate the maintenance, rehabilitation and upkeep of park attractions and facilities.
• Maintain positive and friendly interactions with guests and employees.
• This position reports to the Director of Maintenance and Assistant Director of Maintenance.
• Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, and MUPS. Maintain proper certifications as needed for
• Assist with park operation when needed.
• Yearly continued educational classes.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays during the operating season.
• Outside of the operating season there is a much more standard work schedule and flexibility
• Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with a variety of environmental conditions.
• Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
• Frequent pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, bending, and twisting required.
• Frequent exposure to high noise levels.
• Occasional or frequent climbing, work at heights in excess of 50ft and lifting up to 75lbs.
WHAT COULD PUT YOU AHEAD
• Experience performing maintenance trades such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and
bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Experience working with control voltages 120/277/480V
• Trade school certification or degree in an electrical and or mechanical field or relevant military experience.
• Experience trouble shooting programming technologies, such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable
Frequency Drivers (VFD)
• Experience with precision maintenance, such as laser alignment and/or dial indication.
• Salary range of $60,000-$70,000 based on experience
• Up to $100,000 total yearly compensation including:
• 6+ weeks of PTO